Questions on Logical Reasoning and Income Tax
What are some important questions on Logical Reasoning and Income Tax? Let’s do some practice on logical Reasoning and Income Tax.
1. Find the odd one out:
PQXZ → No vowel.
CQBN → No vowel.
PRMN → No vowel.
ABDF → One vowel.
2. What will come in the place of a question mark? 4, 7, 12, 19, 28, ?
3. Which of the two conclusions is/are true on the basis of the given statement:
Conclusion 1 is false and Conclusion 2 is true.
4. A man looks at a picture and says “Her father’s sister’s son is my younger brother”. How is he related to the person in the picture?
Solution: Cousin Brother.
5. Introducing to a man, a lady said “The father of his brother is the only son of my mother”.
How is that man related to the lady?
6. CIRCLE : HNWHQJ : : PARABOLA:
7. JAIPUR : QZRKFI : : ________ : YSLKZO
8. TABLE : 16232481 : : CHAIR : ________
9. If A is the only daughter of the only son of the wife of the father-in-law of B’s wife, then A is the _________ of B.
10. If Ria’s father is the only son of Priya’s father-in-law, then Priya is the __________ of Ria.
Mother of Ria.
Class XI Applied Maths UT 1
11. Which of the following a direct tax?
(a) Sales tax (b) Wealth tax (c) Entertainment tax (d) Excise duty
Solution: Wealth Tax.
12.For the Financial Year 2018-19, the Assessment Year is;
(a) 2019-20 (b) 2017-18 (c) 2018-19 (d) 2020-21
Solution: (a) 2019-20
13. For the Assessment Year 2020-21, the Financial Year is :
(a) 2021-22 (b) 2020-21 (c) 2019-20 (d) None of the above.
Solution: (c) 2019-20
14. PAN stands for :
(a) Permanent Account Number (b) Parallel Account Number (c) Pin and Number (d)
Personal Account Number.
Solution: (a) Permanent Account Number.
15. TDS stands for :
(a) Tax donated by salaried person (b) Tax donated to system (c) Tax deducted at source (d) Tax deducted against system
Solution: (c) Tax deducted at source.
16. Mr. Amar is a super senior citizen (age 82 years). He runs a Books Distribution Agency. During a financial year, he earns Rs. 8,20,000. He pays Rs 32,000 annually towards his mediclaim policy and donates Rs 72,000 to a Religious Institution, eligible for 50% exemption. Calculate his tax liability at the end of the financial year, as per the new tax regime.
Super Senior Citizen slab:
17. The annual salary of Ram for a financial year was 7,10,000 (HRA not included). His monthly contribution to PPF account is Rs. 3000, he pays an annual premium of Rs.40,000 towards LIC, pays Rs. 55,200 as tuition fee of his two child and invests Rs. 50,000 in Sukanya Samridhi Account. He also donated Rs 15000 towards PM Relief Fund, eligible for 100% exemption. Find his tax liability for the financial year, as per old tax regime and new tax regime. Which tax regime is beneficial for him?
18. Read the information given below and answer the questions that follow:
In family, there are 9 members A, B, C, D, E, F, G, Hand I. This family consists of 3 generations and 3 married couples. I is the grandson of A, who is married to a doctor. C is the mother of D. F is the daughter-in-law of C. G, the teacher is the father of H, who is the first cousin of E and I. E is the daughter of F, who is an engineer. D is the sister of B. There is a male lawyer, a female politician and three unmarried students, while the eldest member of the family is retired.
(i) Who is the politician? (ii) Who is the lawyer?
(iii) What is the profession of C? (iv) Name the three students.
(v) How many children does the engineer have?
(vi) How A is related to H?
(iv) I, E and H
(vi) Grandfather of H
Feel free to download the PDF for your practice:
You can check the following posts related to applied mathematics:
- Logical Reasoning – Basics
- What are functions?
- What is probability?
- Relations and functions
- Sets and Venn diagram
- What are the different types of sets?
- Set theory
Disclosure: Some of the links on the website are ads, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through or make a purchase. Please support me so that I can continue writing great content for you.