Global Warming- Definition, causes, effects
Global Warming- Definition, causes, effects. Global warming is a gradual increase in the earth’s temperature generally due to the greenhouse effect caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide, CFCs, etc.
What are the causes global warming?
Global warming is a direct result of a man-made increase in carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases because of the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation.
How global warming affects weather?
The atmosphere temperature has risen by 0.6%, and the sea level has risen several inches. As a result, there is an imbalance in weather conditions. There are more dry days between rainfall.
How is global warming link to extreme weather?
Global warming can be described by its effect on the environment that is:
- Melting of polar ice has resulted in a rise in sea level and coastal flooding.
- Disruption of drinking water supplies.
- Extinction of species.
- Increase in the incidence of tropical diseases.
What is the global warming day?
The World’s Global Warming Day or the World’s Environment Day is celebrated on 5th June where people plant trees to save the environment.
How to prevent global warming?
The global warming solutions or ways to prevent global warming are:
- By the use of renewable sources of energy. For example, use of solar plants to generate electricity.
- Reducing the wastage of water.
- Investing in energy-efficient appliances.
- Afforestation, growing more and more trees.
- Reducing the consumption of heat and air conditioners.
- Reducing the pollution contents in the environment.
Are global warming and climate change synonyms?
Global warming is an increase in Earth’s average surface temperature due to rising levels of greenhouse gases. Whereas, Climate change is a long-term change in the Earth’s climate, or of a region on Earth. So, no they are not synonyms.
What is another word for global warming?
‘Global heating’ is the another name for global warming.
Read more about ways to achieve sustainable economic development and the meaning of sustainable development.