Practice Paper 1
Practice Paper 1 on Social Studies – Class X, CBSE curriculum.
Feel free to join my Facebook group made for Social Studies and you can also subscribe to my website to receive a monthly mail on all the collated posts. Also, subscribe to my YouTube channel to get video explanations of the topics.
1. BMI stands for
a. Building, Manufacturing and IT
b. Building, Manufacturing and Infrastructure
c. Body Mass Index
d. Body, Mind and Industry
Answer. C. Body Mass Index
2. World Bank Development ______ Reports are used for classifying countries as rich, low income, etc.
a. National Income
b. Per Capita
d. Mortality rate
Answer. b. Per Capita
3. The average income of a citizen of a country is also known as _______
Answer. Per Capita Income
4. The resource planning was introduced in India in the
a. First Five-year Plan
b. Third Five-year plan
c. Fifth five-year plan
d. Seventh five-year plan
Answer. a. First Five-year Plan
5. The resources obtained from biosphere and having life are known as:
a. Biotic Resources
b. Abiotic Resources
c. Renewable Resources
d. Non-renewable resources
Answer. a. Biotic Resources
6. Declaration on Global Change and Biological Diversity was signed in ____
7. A society that is so ideal that it is unlikely to actually exist is called_____
Answer. Utopian society
8. The most celebrated Italian freedom fighter who led to the famous expedition of the thousand to South Italy was______
a. Giuseppe Mazzini
b. Friedrich Wilhelm
c. Giuseppe Garibaldi
d. Ernest Renan
Answer. c. Giuseppe Garibaldi
9. The treaty of Constantinople that recognized Greece as an independent nation was signed in the year_________
Answer c. 1832
10. The power-sharing among different levels of the Government is known as:
a. Regional Control
c. Vertical Distribution of Power
d. Government Control
Answer. c. Vertical Distribution of Power
11. Gram Panchayats in India are an example of _____ power-sharing.
12. Which of the following is an example of horizontal distribution of power in India?
a. Among Central, State and Local Government
b. The sharing of power among legislature, executive and Judiciary
c. Sharing of power between different religious groups
d. None of these.
Answer. b. The sharing of power among a legislature, executive and Judiciary
13. Which is the most important energy resource of India?
14. Assertion (A): India does not accord official status to any particular religion. Reason (R): Communalism is one of the major challenges before Indian democracy.
a. Both A and R are true and R gives correct explanation of A.
b. Both A and R are correct but R does not give correct explanation of A.
c. A is true but R is false.
d. A is false but R is true.
Answer. b. Both A and R are correct but R does not give a correct explanation of A.
15. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
Answer. Naurora and Multipurpose Project
Take a look at the previous blog posts on resources and development.
- Resources and Development (Part-1)
- Resources and Development (Part-2)
- Resources and Development (Part-3)
- Resources and Development (Part-4)
Disclosure: Some of the links on the website are ads, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through or make a purchase. Please support me so that I can continue writing great content for you.